Over the past year, an employee committee has been working with the Department's executive leadership team in developing a strategic plan that incorporates all aspects of the work we do to include: taxation, lottery, enforcement, and motor vehicles.
Although it may seem that we perform diverse functions we really are similar in a lot of ways and we are all committed to the following five overarching goals:
• Be respectful to our customers by providing processes that are clear, simple, timely, and convenient.
• Provide responsible financial, resource, and project management that builds a sustainable foundation utilizing a high standard of care.
• Promote fairness and consistency in the application of the law.
• Recruit, develop, retain, and value a high-quality, diverse workforce in an environment that promotes collaboration, professional development, and employee innovation.
• Maximize public trust through responsible stewardship and transparent processes.
Sales Tax information is summarized monthly at the county level by industry. Net Tax for the monthly filing period are summarized by county and industry in this report including tax totals. Contains fields like agriculture, clothing, food & beverage, etc. This data set is provided by the Department of Revenue (DOR).