created Dec 05, 2012
updated Dec 12, 2012
This document lays out the principles and decision criteria for employing “cloud first” services in specific instances and differentiates the different service and delivery models that may be appropriate for different application scenarios. Given the state of the industry, Colorado’s IT infrastructure and footprint, and the opportunities that are available, Colorado is proceeding with a “cloud first” policy, mirroring the Federal government’s cloud policy. To that end, Colorado is making a deliberate and explicit policy to “cloud first” services. The State will proceed with the presumption that new services, applications and major revisions to existing applications will be supported in a cloud based environment first, unless there are substantive reasons why they should be hosted on the State’s private infrastructure.
- Community Rating
Current value: 0.0 out of 5
- Your Rating
- Colorado OIT Technology Standards
- oit, standard, standards, technology, cloud, first, policy colorado, cto, services, applications, infrastructure
- https://data.colorado.gov/Colorado-OIT-Technology-Standards/OIT-Standards-Cloud-First-Policy-2012-13/t7rj-xsmrOpens in new window.
- Short URL
- https://data.colorado.gov/d/t7rj-xsmr?category=Colorado-OIT-Technology-Standards&view_name=OIT-Standards-Cloud-First-Policy-2012-13Opens in new window.
- Data Provided By
- Source Link
- Suggested by Public
- Date Released
- December 5 2012
- Define current policy re: Cloud Computing requirements.
- OIT - Governor's Office of Information Technology
This dataset is not tabular data, and may have limited interactivity, but it is available for download